Tuesday, July 16, 2013

5 star review: I BREATHE YOU

RELEASE DATE: AUGUST 2ND!!

I BREATHE YOU
By Lori L. Clark

Cover


XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

The Tease

When a tragic accident leaves Rhane Evans -- lead vocalist for the rock band Fate's Crazy -- permanently unable to speak above a whisper and kills the love of her life, she moves across the state to pick up the pieces. Shattered, Rhane struggles to understand what happened the night of the accident, an accident everyone blames her for, even though she wasn't driving the car.

Enter Ian Callahan. He's the one person who may have a more tumultuous past than Rhane. Though they try hard to deny the sizzling attraction between them, it proves nearly impossible. When Ian's troubled past threatens to tear them apart, they begin to believe happiness isn't in their cards.

Because Fate's Crazy that way...

XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOX

Let's Dish

The girl who has everything going for her - sensational singing voice, member of an up-and-coming band that is already making waves; sexy, understanding boyfriend...life is good for Rhane. Until it’s not.

I started this book and could not put it down until I was finished...then I was really mad that I didn't have a Book 2 waiting in the wings. I loved that this is not the usual "girl with a broken past - boy will fix it with mind-blowing sex" story. Rhane had to fight through some deep-seated issues, while dealing with some hidden demons, and a boat load of guilt. And I absolutely loved that she was the one that had to fix the problems in her own life.

Not that I don't think Ian was a major driving force (in more ways than one) in her road towards a potential recovery. But he had some issues of his own to take care of before he could deal with Rhane. Both characters brought past relationship drama to the mix. Again, in a shift from the norm, Rhane's issues with her previous love had more to do with her problems, and less to do with his. It was refreshing to stray away from the horrible ex syndrome!

I would love to see more of Ian's story (wink, wink). There is also the whole discussion on T, and his life...I really want him to find someone to love...and stop smoking.

Another great departure from the boilerplate love story, Lori L. Clark has put forth another must read that will have you begging more!!

    

THIS BOOK HAS NOT YET BEEN RELEASED!!
 BUY THIS BOOK ON AUGUST 2ND!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh my. I am not worthy. :) On the same page as Jude Deveraux. <3 her.

    Thank you so much for reading and reviewing I Breathe You.

    I am hard at work on I Breathe You, Too -- Ian's story as we speak. Hopefully, it will be here by Christmas!

    ReplyDelete